10.29.2013

project life: preschool edition...

Happy Tuesday! I am linking up with The Mom Creative today and sharing my recently started School version of Project Life.
When we registered George for preschool in January (yes, it needs to be done that far in advance here!) I knew I wanted to start a school album for him right away. My approach? KEEP IT SIMPLE. I waited and waited for the Project Life School Theme pack to make it's appearance and pounced as soon as I saw it hit my favorite online shop, Paper Issues. The supplies I am using for this album are minimal:
  • Project Life School Theme pack
  • In a Creative Bubble School Days journaling cards and circle accents
  • Project Life grid cards
  • Assorted alphabet stickers
  • Photos
  • Sharpie pen
  • Corner rounder, date stamp, adhesive, paper trimmer
Just before school started, George and I were at a craft store and he chose his own album - the yellow and white striped Project Life binder. Perfect. As soon as I printed the photos from his orientation day and first day of school I was ready to go. At the end of this post, I'll write a  bit more about my approach to this project. Here is his album so far - up to date:


Orientation day, an interview about his first day, the school "rules" (the pencil card was a freebie I found on the internet awhile back and just added text in Picasa), describing his first art project...

Letter size page protector insert including first artwork and the welcome letter from his teacher...

An autumn song he learned and has been singing at home and a visit from the local fire department. I made the fire engine card using a piece of clip art and a poem I found online...

 First field trip to a local nature center for an apple cidering lesson and nature walk...

Here is my process and some thoughts on this project:
  • Print the photos as soon as they are  taken, slip them in the pages. You'll notice that I haven't even rounded the 4x6 photos. Easy. I'm rounding the 3x4's becasue the PL cards are already done and I like that middle line to be uniform. 
  • Write out his memories or an account of an event simply and quickly. 
  • This album will span many years, separated using dividers. Since there will only be photos of big events, they won't take up so much space. 
  • Artwork: I plan to keep a few key pieces, such as his first and there are  two apple related pieces that go along with the field trip. Otherwise, they will be displayed at home then photographed and added in as a 3x4' photo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails