5.26.2013

project life: citrus twist may kit shares...

In my last Project Life share post, I had two weeks missing because they were for my work using the May Citrus Twist Kits and, here they are! I had a lot of fun mixing up the kits and Cameo cuts for my first week of April..
{April 1-7}
The week started with a stomach virus, a chocolate delivery and a fun quote about trains...
And, we ended the week with park trips and a day at the Bronx Zoo - our first of 2013! I included a pressed penny on the zoo card...
This speech bubble is one of my favorite new Cameo cuts! Just perfect for recording Jack's words and phrases that week (he has plenty more now!). It's available in the Silhouette store...
 {April 8-14}
There was so much I wanted to document this week that I veered from my standard two Design A page format. Broke right out of that and used one Design A and one Design F. Instant love! My new favorite combination. The week started with sun and heat! So much so that we were in shorts and tees at the park. Then, a minor bathroom re-do, new summer clothing for the boys in new sizes, George building with Legos and Jack's awesome point and nose scrunch...
My first Design F page gave me so many possibilities! More photos, more journaling. I documented house hunting, a trip to the park, the soil remediation in my in-laws' backyard, a new favorite snack, quotes from G and love notes to the boys...
One of the things I have felt has been missing from my pages lately is real, heartfelt journaling. When the boys look back on these album pages one day I want them to know that I valued our everyday but, I also want them to know exactly how I was feeling about them during different points in their growing years. The CTK Project Life kit this month comes with a whole sheet of Basic Grey sticker embellishments, one being this sweet "Pocket Full of Love." As soon as I saw it, I knew what I wanted to create, a little envelope with short letters to each of the boys. I cut a bitty bag out of vellum using my Cameo, adhered that to a 3x4 card and added the sticker to the front. I then cut down two 3x4 grid cards so that they would easily slip in and out of the pocket. I decided to go with vellum for this so that it is obvious that there are enclosures, rather than using tabs.
Back soon with more!

1 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Love your PL. and keeping up with the boys. They are too stinkin cute.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails