10.30.2010

fall baking: carrot pumpkin muffins

Autumn is my favorite season with the vibrant colors, crunch of leaves underfoot and the cool, crisp weather. In my kitchen, fall means that my oven starts getting a workout, exploiting the delicious, plentiful apples and pumpkins to turn out cakes, muffins, cookie bars and breads. Some of my favorite recipes are complicated with long lists of ingredients that need to be precisely measured. Sometimes though, you just need a quick, easy fix that takes 30 minutes, including baking time. This is it.
I've been using this very simple recipe for years, dating back to my Weight Watchers days. Usually, chocolate is the go-to cake flavor but, for breakfast muffins that would be more baby friendly, I went with carrot this time and the results were delicious enough to share:

Carrot Pumpkin Muffins

1 box carrot cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist)
1 can (14.5 oz) pure, packed pumpkin
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 12 paper inserts, or mist with cooking spray.

Mix dry cake mix and pumpkin until combined. Batter will be thick but, do not add any wet ingredients. Fold in raisins and cranberries. Divide evenly among cupcake tin.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 comments:

nfaband said...

Oh I think I'd like the variation on this recipe ... I've been using the chocolate recipe since you gave it to me quite a few years back ... now I'll have to try the carrot recipe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails