4.28.2009

recipe: warm balsamic potato salad

I've been searching for new side dish recipes that are easy and more flavorful than the usual steamed brown rice or baked potatoes. While visiting my parents this past weekend, my mom mentioned that she had picked up a new cookbook so, I flipped through and picked out this recipe. It was the perfect accompaniment for our grilled steak and portabello mushroom caps last night. Super fast, easy and packed with a ton of flavor. While cleaning the dishes, DH was already asking me to make it again sometime - now that's a stamp of approval!
Warm Balsamic Potato Salad
(Cooking Light, Fresh Food Fast)

1 pound mixed baby potatoes (such as fingerling, purple and red), cut into wedges
1 Tbsp water
1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red peppers
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (*I used 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled goat cheese

1. Place potato wedges in a large microwave-safe bowl; add 1 tablespoon water. Cover with plastic wrap, vent (do not allow plastic wrap to touch food). Microwave on HIGH 7 minutes, or until tender; drain.

2. Stir in vinaigrette, bell pepper and basil. Top each serving with cheese.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size about 3/4 cup potatoes and 1 teaspoon cheese)
Cal 131, Fat 4g, Protein 3.7g, Fiber 2g

5 comments:

Colleen said...

A perfect summer side dish!

Meg said...

yummmmmm this sounds delish!!! I have to try it for the hubs!!! :)

Little Ol' Me said...

this is definitely a 'must try' dish!

nfaband said...

OK ... this I will try, it has all my favorite flavors in it, potato, balsalmic, roasted peppers and it looks super easy ... can't wait for my daugther to get home, she'll love it.

nfaband said...

Jen ... check out my blog, there is a little something waiting there for you.

Have a great day.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails