4.10.2009

wedding re-cap part 1: getting ready...

Getting ready in the suite at our hotel, after returning from the hair salon. The girls and I were just down the hall from my groom and his guys:

Make-up by Christine. She was so cool under all of the flash bulbs... My sister brought in gifts and an amazing letter from my wonderfully romantic groom. I think this was her first glimpse of me with my make-up finished and looking much more like a bride:After the tears of joy over his love letter, I opened some sparkles...
Getting zipped into a 20 pound dress is NOT a one person job:
My two oldest godchildren (twins) were flower girl and junior usher. They were SO excited to be a part of the wedding and did incredibly well the whole day:
My garter, earrings and bracelet were all afterthoughts - half of my bridals were taken without them! Luckily, I remembered just before we had to walk out the door to get to the church on time...
Grandma - I was so thrilled that she could be with me:
The beautiful ladies...
Dad, Sister (and MOH), Mom and one completely adorable and petulant nephew:

There was so much love and laughter (and so many photographers!) in that suite amid the bustle of activity. I don't recall any moments of stress and the time seemed to just float by. There is a vague memory of Chris, our lead photographer, telling me it was time to get in my dress. Yeah. I HAD typed up a well-organized timeline so that we could all be on time. Too bad I never printed it out! In the end, we were right on schedule and arrived to the church with several minutes to spare.
All credits to our amazing photographers, RendezvousWedding

3 comments:

CB said...

The blog looks great, Jen! Looking forward to seeing pictures of you two from Greece.

nfaband said...

Stunning photos ... you were exactly the picture of happiness and bridal perfection that one sees when they imagine what the perfect wedding should be like.

Nilsa said...

Loving all the wedding photos! You really looked beautiful and so happy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails