8.01.2008

a funny thing happened on the way to the altar...

Last night, I was tossing and turning, unable to wake up from my very first wedding nightmare. I have Murphy blood in my veins and his 'law' reared up in every little aspect of the dream. Funny in hindsight though:

  • My gorgeous dress was replaced with some 80's puff ball monstrosity (check out the one above...OMG!)
  • The flowers didn't arrive on time and the DOC thought substitutes of $1 store silks and fiber optic lights would be appropriate...I tossed them
  • FI and GM's tuxes were never ordered by the shop so, one of the GM ran out to Target and bought black suits for them all. They were all too big and looked ridiculous!
  • The beautiful veil my mom promised to make turned out for be a nest of polka dot tulle
  • My headpiece was replaced with a plastic princess tiara
  • The up-do my stylist took hours to put together fell and we had to try and fix it with hot pink hair ties and two bobby pins
  • The back hallway to the rear of the aisle was blocked, so I had to run down the side aisle in front of all of my guests to get to the back of the church
  • To top it all off, the errors caused such a delay that my 3:00 ceremony didn't begin until 8:50 pm!

A dose of perspective: At the end, FI and I did exchange our vows and were married. That's what it's all about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails